Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School is a fully inclusive school where we aim to develop in every child the knowledge, concepts, skills and attitudes that will enable them to reach their full potential. We believe that every child is equal, valued and unique and aim to provide a broad and balanced high-quality curriculum for all children.
Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) that affect a child’s ability to learn can include:
- behaviour or ability to socialise, eg not being able to make friends
- reading and writing, for example they have a difficulty such as dyslexia
- ability to understand things
- concentration levels, eg they have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- physical needs or disabilities
Our Special Needs Coordinator is Mrs Lilley and our Inclusion Lead is Mrs Wilson. Please contact them through the school office if you have any questions or concerns.
Please click below to read our SEND Policy
Please click below to read our SEND information Report.
Please click below to read our SEND Annual Report
Gateshead Council have produced a helpful guide for parents.
They have also developed a Local Offer which provides information about education, health and social care support for children and young people with SEND in Gateshead. The Local Offer can be found at www.gateshead.gov.uk/localoffer.