Special educational needs (SEN) that affect a child’s ability to learn can include their:
- behaviour or ability to socialise, eg not being able to make friends
- reading and writing, eg they have dyslexia
- ability to understand things
- concentration levels, eg they have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- physical needs or impairments
The SEN Information Report 2015 is available for you to read.
Gateshead Council has developed a Local Offer which provides information about education, health and social care support for children and young people with SEND in Gateshead. The Local Offer can be found at www.gateshead.gov.uk/localoffer.