Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School
The Government has provided schools with additional funding to improve sports provision. This funding can only be spent on sport.
In Corpus Christi Primary School we received the following amounts:
2019/20 – £17,710
We use the funding to:
• Purchase expert coaches to deliver a variety of PE activities to pupils.
• Training for teaching staff to increase their expertise especially in gymnastics and dance.
• Training and supply cover for PE Co-ordinator.
* Improve facilities for PE (outdoor gym).
• Purchasing additional support and expenses from LA e.g. fencing, tennis coaching, rugby coaching, hoola hooping and skipping.
• Investment in a cluster wide partnership agreement with Gateshead Schools for provision of support; training and participation in a variety of competitive sporting events.
• Developing opportunities to promote healthy eating habits and a healthy lifestyle to our pupils.
We are also using some of this funding to purchase additional swimming lessons in the summer term for those pupils who are not able to swim 25m yet.
We hope to achieve a more varied PE programme for our pupils.
• Good progression in PE skills.
• Increased participation in sport.
• Increased participation in competitions with other schools.
• Raise the profile of PE and encourage less active pupils to get involved.
• Improve links to other schools in the cluster.
• Enable pupils who are talented in PE to shine.
• More participation in after school sporting events.
• Promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
Since having this funding the following has occurred:
• More pupils have taken part in after school PE sessions with the cluster.
• More pupils have taken part in competitions.
• New sports have been tried across the school e.g. skipping, cheerleading, hoola hooping, judo and golf.
• Staff have had training in gymnastics, dance and cheerleading.
• Overall more pupils are involved in after school physical activities.
In 2018/19 the money was spent as follows:
- Outdoor gym equipment to improve fitness – £10,000
- Schools Sports Partnership Premium Level £2,615
- Sports Apprentice £1,000 – (remainder of costs)
- After-school coaching £3,000
- Swimming for Years 2, 3 & 4 – £1,500 approx.
- 68% of our Year 6 pupils can swim 25m.
- 68% of our children can use a variety of strokes when swimming.
- 46% of our pupils have had instruction in life-saving in the water.
In 17/18 the money (£8846) was spent as follows
* School Sports partnership fees £2312
* Coaches £2400
* Sports Apprentice £ 9253